Five massifs and the kingdom of all snow sports activities:
La Clusaz is now renowned as a major winter destination for all snow sports disciplines. Culminating at an altitude of some 2600 metres, it is the ideal choice for beginners or indeed advanced skiers.
A seemingly natural birthplace for talent, La Clusaz has a world class reputation for winter sports champions. Young hopefuls today follow the footsteps of no less than 8 World Champions.
In fact La Clusaz has 8 world champions, in nearly all ski disciplines, an exceptional phenomenon for a french resort.
- Guy Périllat (Double alpine world champion 1960 and 1966),
- Alain Pessey (1st speed telemark world champion 1986),
- André Majewski (Snowboard super G world champion 1989),
- Catherine Lombard (Aerals world champion 1989),
- Raphaëlle Monod (Moguls world champion 1989),
- Edgar Grospiron (Triple moguls world champion 1989, 91 and 95),
- Régine Cavagnoud (Super G world champion 2001),
- Vincent Vittoz (Cross-country skiing pursuit 2005).
ALPINE SKI AREA:
Maximum altitude: 2600 metres
Skiable aera: 400 hectares
Ski runs: 132 km
Massifs: 5 (Balme, Aiguille, Etale, Manigod et Beauregard)
Ski runs: 84 (7 blacks, 24 reds, 30 blues and 23 greens)
Ski lifts: 54 (1 télémix, 1 cable car, 4 gondolas, 14 chair lifts, 34 drag lifts and 3 ski tows)
Snow cannons: 190
CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING :
Beauregard plateau (1650m)
The Beauregard plateau cross-country skiing area offers both classic and skating crosscountry trails, as well as marked paths for walkers and snowshoers. 36 kms of trails, 8 trails. Accessible from the village via the Beauregard gondola lift or by car or shuttle bus via the col de la Croix Fry mountain pass.
Confins plateau (1420 - 1650m)
Official site of the 2006 world cup, equipped with artificial snow making equipment.
- 50 kms of trails including a 7 km long connection to the resort of le Grand-Bornand
- Ski kindergarten / Club des Piou-pious
- Nordic Cross: fun and technical circuit open to all
- Accessible by shuttle bus or by car
Photo : David Machet